Advantages of Parallel Threading System
- Continuity of Re-enforcing bars
- Allows full ductile elongation of bars
- No Congestion of bars
- Construction cycle time reduced
- Steel wastage reduced
- Staggering of bars not required
- Dowels can be avoided enabling re-use of form works
Our Mumbai Rebar Solutions is a threaded connection which guarantees an ultimate tensile strength of the joint (Splice) slightly greater than that of the parent bar. Each of the connection constitutes, one sleeve that connects two bars, the ends of these which are threaded using our machines.
Applications/Usages of Parallel threading :
Mumbai Rebar Solutions splicing system is very much suitable to join reinforcement bars end to end.Mechanical connections are quicker, safer and also more convenient alternative to lapping.
It is applicable in splicing of reinforcement bars, columns, beams, diaphragm wall cages, construction joints, temporary openings and Top down constructions etc..
Every thread produced at site will be checked with Go - NO GO gauge to ensure the quality of threading.
ACI 318-95 Clause 18.104.22.168
A full mechanical connection shall develop in tension or compression, as required, at least 125 % of specified yield strength of the steel bar.
BS 8110 pt: 1997 Clause 22.214.171.124.2
The only form of full strength butt joint for a bar in tension comprises a mechanical coupler satisfying the following criteria.
- When a test is made of a representative gauge length assembly comprising reinforcement of the size, grade and profile to be used, and the coupler of a precise type to be used, the permanent Elongation after loading to 0.6 fy should not exceed 0.1 mm.
- The tensile strength of the coupled bar should be
For Grade 250 >= (287.5)N/mm2
For Grade 460A >= (483)N/mm2, and
For Grade 460 >= (497)N/mm2
- Full Tension splice. Bar break under tensile load.
- No Torque wrenching required, Easy to install.
- Bar Cross section area is not reduced.
- Manufactured under strict quality assurance.
|Sr. No.||Rein Forcement Dia||Coupler Dia||Length||Thread Pitch|
Mumbai Rebar Solutions MECHANICAL SPLICING SYSTEM:
- Increase tensile and compressive capacity of columns, long columns and long beams where the designed tensile loading are greater than normal situations. Tension couplers is so far the best solution for tension columns and tension piles.
- Eliminates congestion of steel bars in heavily reinforced columns and core wall of building. Thus reducing formation of "honeycomb" in concrete structures.
- Speedier concrete casting,as bigger space between reinforcements facilitates easier flow of concrete.
- Reduces cost and increases speed of slip and jump form work system in the construction of core walls and towers.
- Avoids strains, corrosion and breakage of starter bars left for future extension of building and bridges.
- For construction of structure like bridges in traffic congested area where structure could be constructed in stages to allow constant flow of traffic.
- Provide connections for starter bars for underground slab and beams in the construction of diaphragm wall to prevent breakage of precast starter bars during the process of bending up to avoid tedious concrete hacking.
- Where spacing between bars is insufficient to allow for lapping, e.g. in construction of mircopiles.
- Reduces size of concrete section and ensures maximum usage of expensive floor space in office towers.
- Where a full tension splice is required, e.g. in connecting precast members to cast-in-site members.